Sunday, May 12, 2013

growing up...

This morning, I opened up facebook to see a message from a sweet new friend who is over in China right now. She and her husband are there getting their precious daughter who just happens to be from the same orphanage as Ivy-Ann. We have been following their journey closely and are so excited for them!

Inside the message, however, were new pictures of our sweet girl. I cannot believe how much she has changed since September! She's losing some of that toddler-look and looking more like a little girl.





 Oh my goodness. I get teary-eyed looking at these. The other pictures that we have, we've had since the end of December. We had gotten so used to seeing them, and we'd built our image of her around those pictures. When I saw these pictures and how much our baby girl has grown and changed just in 8 months, I realized I really do not know her. The image of her that I have is one I've fabricated. I think that's just how it goes. But even though I really don't know her...oh my...how I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment