Wednesday, December 11, 2013

one month...

Has it really only been one month since we met our little girl for the first time? My goodness.

Having a four-year-old makes life a lot busier, so instead of writing a full post, I thought I'd make a list of things she is doing right now.

~ Speaks in English 90% of the time. She is starting to use sentences, too.

~ Loves to read books, play with playdough, have tea parties, color with markers, dance and sing

~ Can count to 20

~ Knows most of her letters and the sounds they make

~ Goes to sleep beautifully. After those two nights of uncertainty, she started role-playing her bedtime routine with her baby. She would do this 8-10 times a day. Now when we say, "It's time to get jammies on," she says, "Brush teeth, go potty, wash hands, read book, go night-night." She'll repeat this a couple of times during her bedtime routine. It's amazing. She sleeps from 8:15pm - 8:00am. So thankful!

~ Adores her big sisters. Every four-year-old should have big sisters. And every twelve and ten-year-old should have a little sister. The bond the three of them share already is so precious.

~ Feeds herself using a fork and spoon

~ Gives great hugs. When we first got her, Ivy-Ann would let us pick her up, but she wouldn't reach for us. She would also let us hug her, but she wouldn't return the hug. Now she reaches her arms up and jumps to be held. She also gives good, strong hugs.

~ Is becoming more dependent. I know this sounds backwards, but no four-year-old should be able to endure all that Ivy-Ann has had to go through. She is relying on Brian and I a lot more for things, which allows her to rest and just be a little girl.

We have had such an amazing transition as a family of five. Honestly, I never dreamed it would go this smoothly. We chuckle because the biggest transition we've had to make so far is getting used to the energy of a four-year-old again. Brian and I often stand back in awe at how this little girl fits in our family. God knew, and He orchestrated this. She was made for us, and we were made for her. :)



3 comments:

  1. I call in here from time to time. I hope all continues well with Ivy-Ann. Your last report was very touching and hopeful. We have embraced a new child into our family too. My son and his wife have had their first child and we have a grand daughter. A wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lucille...I've neglected this blog. Life with three is so much busier than life with two, and to be honest, I have forgotten about this space. It is so good to hear from you! Congratulations on your precious granddaughter. I just spent a bit of time on your blog, and she is beautiful! I am so thrilled for all of you.
    Are you on facebook? That is where I've done most of my updating. If not, perhaps I will find some time to update here with some photos and stories. Ivy-Ann is doing so well. It's hard to imagine that we've only had her for 10 1/2 months. She just fits into our family so perfectly. We are so thankful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply Kelli.I'm delighted to hear that your family is thriving.I'm sure you must have your hands very full. I have a Facebook account but I forget to use that. I just never got into the swing of it.

      Delete